Exert Less. Achieve More.
What is Mindful Running?
Mindful Running is not about grinding pavement.
- It’s about running with an awareness and respect for your body, mind and emotions.
- It’s about training your whole self to run your own race and developing the attitude to live your whole life that way.
- It’s about running your life to your own rhythm. Not to a stop watch.
This is how we roll.
- Mindful Running Courses – our Mindful Run School opens in 2020!! Our successful in-person courses come on-line. Beginner, intermediate and advanced courses to teach you how to train your mind and body.
- Mindful Running Sessions – Women-only, running sessions based in Brisbane. Buy your pass here.
- Mindful Coaching Programs – generic or personalized programs to suit your needs and goals. Getting you physically and mentally fit!
- Mindful Life Coaching – phone consultations with Carmen to give you guidance and practical strategies to keep you running and moving forward.
- Merchandise – Official merch coming soon.
Mindful Running helps you to enjoy running. While getting fitter, faster & training more effectively.
Our Training Method
Our Running Method introduces you to 3 running “gears”.
This method is not new. Top athletes know these gears very well, and train accordingly in them for performance. They know their body, they know their heartrates (HR) and limits, and have the education, support and technology to help them understand and know what these zones feel like; and in HR terms, what HR to train in.
Everyday athletes, especially women, live in a constant state of stress. Due to this being the norm, are used to accepting a level of discomfort when they train. This causes us to believe we are running easy, when in fact we are running too hard or too fast.
The feeling of true comfort and no effort (which is your ‘easy’ gear) is something we avoid. Our general mindset in life tells us, if we are not achieving, pushing, and feeling like we have done something, we are not progressing, and we are wasting time.
By understanding, having bench markers at first i.e. HR, and allowing yourself to feel the difference in these 3 gears, everyday athletes will make vast improvements, not only in their performance, but in their health.
Our Mindful Running Sessions teach you what these 3 gears actually feel like and how, why, and when to train in them.
You will learn to push when you need to and gear down when you don’t. You will learn to use your energy efficiently and your body effectively, exerting less energy to achieve more. Building a foundation of endurance and not just a tolerance to stress.
- Builds endurance
- More effective and efficient use of your energy = more energy reserves
- Less stress (from training too hard) on your body
- Less physical injuries by training to your bodies unique capabilities.
- Improves fitness
- Increases speed and performance through better efficiency
- More enjoyment of running, training and competing
- More balanced
Mindful Running ~ Everyday Athletes.
“Wow! I don’t know how to even begin describing the experience of a Half Marathon and the path that got me to the finish line… Without Carmen’s help, running tips and ongoing support I would never have been able to do it.
Carmen wrote me a 10 week program to start me on my training schedule,. This became my bible. A lot of things needed to change in my life for me to be able to put in 100%. This did not happen right away but as my training increased my priorities naturally changed.
Carmen gave me everything (and more) for me to complete the run. All that was left for me to do was… run! And run I did, I crossed the finish line in the time that we had planned together. 2hrs 15mins.
I will forever be grateful for all that Carmen & and the team at Mindful Running Australia gave to me. I have gained so much, confidence, courage and strength. All things that have made me a better me.”
Melanie Pietrobon – Personal Trainer
Pictured: Melanie Pietrobon after completing her first half marathon at the Gold Coast, Australia in 2014.